August 1960 Proceedings Magazine: United States Naval Institute
Front Cover, United States Naval Institute Proceedings, Volume 86, Number 8, August 1960.
For the advancement of professional, literary, and scientific knowledge in the Navy. August, 1960, Vol. 86, No. 8, Whole No. 690
Great Admiral Front Cover
For further information regarding the subject of this painting by Gordon Grant, see page 165.
- Command and the Intelligence Process
By Captain Rufus L. Taylor, USN
- The U. S. Coast Guard and the Civil War
By Hymen R. Kaplan
- Today: The Soviet Empire; Tomorrow: The Solar System
By John 0. Jackson
- Navy Men in the Olympic Games
By Raymond H. Swartz
- A Tribute to My Favorite Uncle
By Chief Engineman Frank Kaiser, USN (Ret.)
- The Destruction of Zeppelin
By Captain S. W. Roskill, RN (Ret.)
- Lessons Learned From the Hump
By Vice Admiral A. E. Jarrell, USN (Ret.)
- The Fall of Manila, August 13, 1898
By Lieutenant Thomas M. Brumby, USN; Edited by W. E. Wight
- Maritime Collection of the Seamen's Bank for Savings (Pictorial)
- Comment and Discussion
- Book Reviews
- A Basic Library for the Naval Buff
By A. E. Duncan, Jr.
- Professional Notes
- Secretary's Notes
The opinions or assertions in the articles are the personal ones of the authors and are not to be construed as official. They do not necessarily reflect the views of either the Navy Department or the United States Naval Institute. All photographs, unless otherwise credited, are Official Department of Defense releases.
Editorial and Business Offices: Annapolis, Maryland
Published monthly by the United States Naval Institute. Second-class postage paid at the Post Office at MENASHA, WISCONSIN, and at additional mailing office, under act of August 24, 1912. Acceptance for mailing at the special rate of postage provided for in section 1103, Act of October 3, 1917, authorized March 13, 1922.