July 1960 Proceedings Magazine: United States Naval Institute
UNITED STATES NAVAL INSTITUTE PROCEEDINGS
For the advancement of professional, literary, and scientific knowledge in the Navy
Vol. 86, No. 7, Whole No. 689, July 1960
USS Northampton (CLC-1) Front Cover
Table of Contents
- USS Northampton (CLC-1)
For a brief account of this cruiser's activities, see page 155.
- Overseas Bases—How Long for This World?
By Captain Edward F. Disse tie, USN (Ret.)
- Norway's Role in U. S. Defense
By William H. Hesslcr
- After Communism, What?
By Captain Paul R. Sehratz, USN
- The Commissioned Vocation
By Maynard Kniskern
- The U. S. Navy's People-to-People Program
By Lieutenant William A. Platte, USN
- The Man Who Hid the Cruiser Dresden
By Karl Baarslag
- A Letter from the Commanding Officer of Triton
- Philosophy of Command in the Challenge of Our Time
By Lieutenant Commander John F. Riley, USN
- Weather Control and National Strategy
By Commander William J. Kotsch, USN
- The Argentine Navy (Pictorial)
By Lieutenant Carlos E. Zartmann, AN
- Comment and Discussion
- Book Reviews
- Professional Notes
- A Page from the Old Navy
- A Page from the New Navy
- Secretary's Notes
The opinions or assertions in the articles are the personal ones of the authors and are not to be construed as official. They do not necessarily reflect the views of either the Navy Department or the United States Naval Institute.
All photographs, unless otherwise credited, are Official Department of Defense releases.
Editorial and Business Offices: Annapolis, Maryland