Haifa, Israel Passenger Lists 1926-1930
The Harbor at Haifa, Isreal circa 1954. American Export Lines CCL-EB-6. GGA Image ID # 1669ebfd4a
Passenger Lists available from the GG Archives from the Port of Haifa, Israel. Organized by Date of Departure, Steamship Line, Steamship or Ocean Liner, Class of Passengers, Route, and the Ship's Captain.
Haifa is a northern Israeli port city built in tiers extending from the Mediterranean up the north slope of Mount Carmel. The city’s most iconic sites are the immaculately landscaped terraces of the Bahá'í Gardens and, at their heart, the gold-domed Shrine of the Báb. At the foot of the gardens lies the German Colony, with shops, galleries and restaurants in 19th-century buildings.
1926-01-30 SS Transylvania Passenger List
- Steamship Line: Anchor Steamship Line
- Class of Passengers: Cruise
- Date of Departure: 30 January 1926
- Route: New York to Funchal (Madeira); Lisbon; Cadiz, Spain; Gibraltar; Algiers; Tunis, Carthage; Phaleron Bay (Athens); Constantinople; Haifa; Alexandria; Naples; Villefranche (Nice); Monte Carlo; Cherbourg; and return to New York.
- Commander: Captain D. W. Bone
1930-02-27 SS Laurentic Passenger List
- Steamship Line: White Star Line
- Class of Passengers: Tourist Third Cabin
- Date of Departure: 27 February 1930
- Route: Mediterranean Cruise from New York to Madeira, Gibraltar, Algiers, Monaco, Naples, Athens, Constantinople, Haifa, Alexandria, Syracuse, Naples, Monaco, Gibraltar, Cherbourg, and Southampton.
- Commander: Captain E. L. Trant, R.D. (Cmdr. R.N.R., Retd.)
1930-06-19 SS Alesia Passenger List
- Steamship Line: Fabre Line
- Class of Passengers: Cabin Class
- Date of Departure: 19 June 1930
- Route: New York and Providence, RI to Ponta Delgada (Azores), Madeira, Piraeus (Athens), Salonica (Thessaloniki), Constantinople (Istanbul), Constanza (Romania?), Jaffa (Haifa), Beirut, and Marseilles
- Commander: Captain Edmond MacQuin
White Star Line Mediterranean Service Proposed Sailings from 29 August 1922 to 13 April 1923. Ships Included the Adriatic, Arabic, Cretic, and Lapland. Ports Included New York, Boston, Azores, Madeira, Gibraltar, Algiers, Monaco, Naples, Genoa, Alexandria, Haifa, Athens (Phaleron Bay), and Nice. RMS Majestic Passenger List, 6 September 1922. GGA Image ID # 1dd525881f. Click to View Larger Image.