Istanbul, Turkey Passenger Lists 1926
The Galata Quay at Constantinople (Istanbul). The Syren & Shipping Illustrated, 22 April 1908. GGA Image ID # 14704edd14
Passenger Lists available from the GG Archives from the Port of Istanbul, Turkey. Organized by Date of Departure, Steamship Line, Steamship or Ocean Liner, Class of Passengers, Route, and the Ship's Captain.
Istanbul, formerly known as Byzantium and Constantinople, is the most populous city in Turkey and the country's economic, cultural and historic center. Istanbul is a transcontinental city in Eurasia, straddling the Bosporus strait (which separates Europe and Asia) between the Sea of Marmara and the Black Sea.
1926-01-30 Cruise SS Transylvania Passenger List
- Steamship Line: Anchor Steamship Line
- Class of Passengers: Cruise
- Date of Departure: 30 January 1926
- Route: New York to Funchal (Madeira); Lisbon; Cadiz, Spain; Gibraltar; Algiers; Tunis, Carthage; Phaleron Bay (Athens); Constantinople; Haifa; Alexandria; Naples; Villefranche (Nice); Monte Carlo; Cherbourg; and return to New York.
- Commander: Captain D. W. Bone