Mombasa, Kenya Passenger Lists 1929
Port of Mombasa, Kenya -- The Chief Port of British East Africa - 1907. GGA Image ID # 175a3e0db2
Passenger Lists available from the GG Archives from the Port of Mombasa, Kenya. Organized by Date of Departure, Steamship Line, Steamship or Ocean Liner, Class of Passengers, Route, and the Ship's Captain.
Mombasa is the second-largest city in Kenya, with a population of about 1.2 million. A regional cultural and economic hub, Mombasa has a large port and an international airport, and is an important regional tourism centre.
- Steamship Line: Union-Castle Line
- Class of Passengers: First Class
- Date of Departure: 23 May 1929
- Route: London to South Africa via the Mediterranean
- Ports of Call: London to Natal via Marseilles, Genoa, Port Said, Port Sudan, Aden, Mombasa, Tanga, Zanzibar, DarEs-Salaam, Port Amelia, Beira and Lourenço Marques (Maputo)
- Commander: Captain E. F. Gilbert
- Steamship Line: American South African Line
- Class of Passengers: Cabin
- Date of Departure: 21 July 1937
- Route: Beira to New York via Lindi, Dar-Es-Salaam, Zanzibar, Tanga, Mombasa, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Capetown, and the Island of Trinidad
- Commander: Captain C. W. Schmidt, Lt. Cmdr. USNR