Travel in Luxury at Low Cost - 1939
Cover, Travel in Luxury at Low Cost with American Hospitality with United States Lines, 1939 Brochure. Make a Pleasure Cruise of Your Crossing to New York! GGA Image ID # 1edc46ee28
You live well on board the luxury liners SS Manhattan and SS Washington.
Cabin DeLuxe on the SS Manhattan. GGA Image ID # 1edc602114
ROOMINESS on board the splendid SS Manhattan and SS Washington is one of the many features designed to give travelers just what they want. The broad decks will impress you first. Lounges are spacious and handsomely furnished, and ceilings are high. Even the closets in your stateroom are far larger than most. You'll find the same careful planning reflected in the food you eat—the deft service you receive—the first-run movies, and grand music. That's why every detail of these ships appeals to experienced travelers.
Cabin Class Dining Room on the SS Washington. GGA Image ID # 1edcfa2891
You Will enjoy the comfort, fun, and friendliness of the SS President Harding and SS President Roosevelt.
The popular ships SS President Roosevelt and SS President Harding have an atmosphere of genuine hospitality. You are sure to meet friendly, interesting companions aboard—people with whom you can enjoy all the features provided for your entertainment. These ships are known for their comfortable, well-ventilated staterooms and everything that makes for a delightful voyage in congenial surroundings. The library supplies an interesting and varied selection of the classics and modern novels. In the evening, there is music by the ship's orchestra, dancing, the latest films.
The SS Manhattan and SS Washington, alternating with the SS President Harding and SS President Roosevelt, maintain a weekly service every friday from southampton to New York.
Coming in 1940, the new SS America, designed to offer all the features which have made United States lines' ships so popular.
ONE-CLASS ONLY SERVICES
£21 The Whole Ship is Yours £21
Weekly from London direct to New York; fortnightly from Liverpool via Glasgow and Belfast. All cabins are outside and equipped with roomy beds or berths. All sports facilities. You will enjoy the voyage to the utmost.
Sample Tourist Class Dinner Menu on the SS Washington. GGA Image ID # 1edd651ab0
THIS IS THE YEAR TO SEE AMERICA
USL Ocean Liner Seen Against New York Skyline. GGA Image ID # 1eddd264f7
- £37.50 Cabin Class on the luxurious SS Manhattan or SS Washington. Fortnightly from Southampton.
- £28.50 Cabin Class on the SS President Harding or SS President Roosevelt.. informal and very comfortable. Fortnightly from Southampton.
- £25.10 Tourist Class on the SS Manhattan or SS Washington—freshwater showers, use of swimming pool and gym., pre-release talkies, etc.
- £21.00 On the " One Class Only " ships, weekly from London. The whole ship is yours. Fortnightly from Liverpool via Glasgow and Belfast.
- £18.10 Third Class on the SS Manhattan or SS Washington. Comfortable cabins, good ventilation, ample deck space, sports, and entertainment provided.
- £18.00 Third Class on the SS President Harding or SS President Roosevelt. A homelike atmosphere and a cordial spirit of friendliness.
LOW-COST TOURS TO AMERICA
SPECIAL EXCURSION RATES during specific Periods. Details on application.
Tourist Class Sheltered Promenade Deck on a USL Liner. GGA Image ID # 1eddf64e78
Tourist Class Swimming Pool on a USL Ocean Liner. GGA Image ID # 1ede309eb4
Published by the United States Lines, London. C. P. & S. Co., Ltd. Printed in England.