Events Program - RMS Queen Mary - 29 March 1953
Front Cover, Tourist Class Program of Events for Sunday, 28 Mary 1953 onboard the RMS Queen Mary of the Cunard Line provided a listing of upcoming meetings, British immigration inspections, and anticipated events. It also listed activities for the day, including sports competitions, movies, concerts, news broadcasts, horse racing, and dancing. GGA Image ID # 12a66a1dd8
MEETING OF ROTARIANS
Rotarians travelling are invited to inspect the Rotary Register at the Purser’s Office and subscribe their names. A meeting will be held in the Drawing Room, Promenade Deck, on Monday, at 10.45 a.m.
LIONS INTERNATIONAL AND KIWANIS
A meeting of Lions International and Kiwanis will be held in the in the Drawing Room, Promenade Deck, today, at 3.45 p.m.
BRITISH IMMIGRATION INSPECTION
All passengers landing at SOUTHAMPTON who have not yet presented their Landing Cards to the British Immigration Officer in the Smoke Room, “A” Deck, should do so between the hours of 9.15 and 11.00 a.m. today. It will be necessary for all adult members of families to attend this inspection.
FANCY HEAD-DRESS COMPETITION
It is proposed to hold a FANCY HEAD-DRESS COMPETITION during the voyage. Prizes will be awarded for the most artistic, original and amusing entries. Passengers wishing to enter the competition are requested to register their names at the Purser’s Office, “R” Deck
It is proposed to hold an informal Concert during the voyage. Will passengers who are able and willing to assist please give their names to the Purser as soon as possible to enable a programme to be prepared.
Clocks will be ADVANCED 20 minutes at 5.00 p.m., 10 00 p.m. and 2.00 a.m.
PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
- 8.00 “Kinds of Ships” Competition
- 10.00 Movie: “TREASURE OF THE GOLDEN CONDOR Cornel Wilde and Constance Smith - Cinema
- 2.00 Movie: “TREASURE OF THE GOLDEN CONDOR Cornel Wilde and Constance Smith - Cinema
- 3.45 Melody Time - Charles Saxby at the Hammond Organ—relayed - Smoke Room
- 3.45 Music for Teatime - Queen Mary String Orchestra, directed by Raoul Bacot - Winter Garden
- 3.45 Meeting of Lions International and Kiwanis – First Class Drawing Room
- 4.30 Movie: “TREASURE OF THE GOLDEN CONDOR Cornel Wilde and Constance Smith - Cinema
- 5.00 Recorded Concert: Beethoven – Concerto No. 5 in E Flat Major” - Denis Mathews (pianoforte). The Philharmonia Orchestra. Conductor: Walter Susskind - Winter Garden
- 6.00—7.00 Cocktail Music - Smoke Room
- 6.15 News Broadcast (British) - Winter Garden
- 6.30 News Broadcast (American) - Winter Garden
- 9.00 Orchestral Selections (relayed) - Queen Mary String Orchestra, directed by Raoul Bacot - Winter Garden
- 9.15 HORSE RACING – Smoke Room
- 9.30 Movie: “TREASURE OF THE GOLDEN CONDOR Cornel Wilde and Constance Smith - Cinema
- 10.30 DANCING - Queen Mary Dance Trio, directed by Barney Desmond - Winter Garden
Program of Events for Sunday, 29 March 1953 on Board the RMS Queen Mary. GGA Image ID # 12a69c4a9e