Events Program - RMS Queen Mary - 6 June 1952
Front Cover, Daily program of social events onboard the RMS Queen Mary of the Cunard Line featured several notices related to the Rotarians, Lions International, Kiwanis, US Customs - Landing Cards and Baggage Declarations, and a table tennis tournament. Other events were listed for the day from 7:00 am swimming to 12:30 am dancing. GGA Image ID # 12a43502b7
MEETING OF ROTARIANS
Rotarians travelling are invited to inspect the Rotary Register at the Purser’s Office and subscribe their names. A meeting will be held in the Drawing Room, Promenade Deck, on Saturday at 10.45 a.m.
LIONS INTERNATIONAL AND KIWANIS
Members of the above are kindly requested to hand their names in to the Purser’s Office. A meeting will be held in the Drawing Room, Promenade Deck, on Saturday at 5.00 p.m.
U.S. LANDING CARDS AND BAGGAGE DECLARATIONS
All passengers who have not yet collected their U.S. Landing Cards and Baggage Declaration Forms from the Purser’s Office, “R” Deck, are requested to do so between 9.15 and 11.30 a.m. today. Please present Passports and Travel Documents when making application.
TABLE TENNIS TOURNAMENT
The attention of passengers is called to the Table Tennis Tournament Entry Form, which is on the blackboard, “R” Deck Square. The entries will close at Noon tomorrow.
Competitors are requested to assemble by the tables at 2.30 p.m. tomorrow.
BRIDGE, CHESS OR CANASTA
Passengers who wish to play Bridge. Chess or Canasta are invited to meet in the Smoke Room. Promenade Deck, between 2.30 and 3.00 p.m. today.
It is proposed to hold a Concert during the voyage. Will passengers who are able and willing to assist please give their names to the Purser as soon as possible to enable a programme to be prepared.
Clocks will be RETARDED One Hour at Midnight.
PROGRAM OF EVENTS
- 7:00 am —7:00 pm Swimming Pool and Gymnasium open for Exercise (weather permitting)
- 8:00 am “Nation” Competition
- 10:00 am Movie: “BEHAVE YOURSELF” - Farley Granger, Shelley Winters, William Demarest, Francis L. Sullivan - Cinema, Prom. Deck
- 11:15 am Orchestral Selections - Queen Mary String Orchestra(Directed by Raoul Bacot) - Main Lounge
- 11:30 am Jack Bath at the Hammond Organ (relayed) - “A” Deck Lounge
- 11:30 am “Tote” on Daily Run (Closes at 11.45 a.m.) - Smoke Room
- 11:45 am Boat Drill for Cherbourg Passengers (The Captain requests passengers to attend wearing their lifebelts)
- 2:00 pm Movie: “BEHAVE YOURSELF” - Farley Granger, Shelley Winters, William Demarest, Francis L. Sullivan - Cinema, Prom. Deck
- 3:45 pm Melody Time (Jack Bath at the Hammond Organ—relayed) - Main and “A” Deck Lounges
- 6:00 pm News Broadcast (British) - Main Lounge
- 6:30 pm News Broadcast (American) - Main Lounge
- 6:45 pm Cocktail Music - Mermaid Bar, Prom. Deck
- 7:45 pm Orchestral Selections - Queen Mary String Orchestra (Directed by Raoul Bacot) - Main Lounge
- 9:15 pm Horse Races followed by DANCING (Queen Mary Dance Orchestra, directed by Norman Hill) - Main Lounge
- 12:30 am DANCING in the Rose Room (Queen Mary Dance Orchestra, directed by Norman Hill) - “A” Deck Aft.
Program of Events for Friday, 6 June 1952 on Board the RMS Queen Mary. GGA Image ID # 12a49a644a