Events Program - RMS Queen Mary - 7 June 1952
Front Cover, Social and Sporting Events Program for Saturday, 7 June 1952 onboard the RMS Queen Mary of the Cunard Line. Cabin Class passengers have many options, including swimming, movies, Rotarian, Lions International, and Kiwanis meetings, concerts, news broadcasts, dancing, and more. GGA Image ID # 12a4d02f00
It is proposed to hold a rehearsal for a Square Dance in the “A” Deck Lounge at 5.00 p.m. on Saturday, weather permitting.
TABLE TENNIS TOURNAMENT
All competitors are requested to assemble at the tables on Main Deck at 2.30 p.m. today.
BRIDGE, CHESS OR CANASTA
Passengers who wish to play Bridge, Chess or Canasta are invited to meet in the Smoke Room. Promenade Deck, between 2.30 and 3.00 p.m. today.
It is proposed to hold a Concert during the voyage. Will passengers who are able and willing to assist please give their names to the Purser as soon as possible to enable a programme to be prepared.
It is proposed to hold a Swimming Gala during the voyage. Passengers wishing to participate are requested to hand in their names to the Swimming Pool attendant (“E” Deck).
Clocks will be RETARDED One Hour at Midnight.
PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
- 7.00—7.00 p.m. Swimming Pool and Gymnasium open for Exercise (weather permitting)
- 8.00 Passenger List Competition
- 10.00 Movie: “SO LITTLE TIME” - Marius Goring, Maria Schell, Gabrielle Dorziat, Barbara Mullen - Cinema, Prom. Deck
- 10.45 Meeting of Rotarians - First Class Drawing Room
- 11.15 Orchestral Selections - Queen Mary String Orchestra(Directed by Raoul Bacot) - Main Lounge
- Jack Bath at the Hammond Organ (relayed) - “A” Deck Lounge
- “Tote” on Daily Run (Closes at 11.45 a.m.) - Smoke Room
- 2.00 Movie: “SO LITTLE TIME” - Marius Goring, Maria Schell, Gabrielle Dorziat, Barbara Mullen - Cinema, Prom. Deck
- 3.45 Melody Time (Jack Bath at the Hammond Organ—relayed) - Main and “A” Deck Lounges
- 5.00 Meeting of Lions International and Kiwanis – First Class Drawing Room
- 5.00 Square Dancing Rehearsal – “A” Deck Lounge
- 6.00 News Broadcast (British) - Main Lounge
- 6.30 News Broadcast (American) - Main Lounge
- 6.45 Cocktail Music - Mermaid Bar, Prom. Deck
- 7.45 Orchestral Selections - Queen Mary String Orchestra (Directed by Raoul Bacot) - Main Lounge
- 9.15 Keno (Bingo-Lotto) followed by DANCING (Queen Mary Dance Orchestra, directed by Norman Hill) - Main Lounge
- 12.30 DANCING in the Rose Room (Queen Mary Dance Orchestra, directed by Norman Hill) - “A” Deck Aft.
Program of Events for Saturday, 7 June 1952 on Board the RMS Queen Mary. GGA Image ID # 12a4d6e2a4