Distinguished Liners from The Shipbuilder - 1907-1914 Volume 2
Front Cover, Distinguished Liners from The Shipbuilder - 1907-1914, Volume 2. Compiled and Edited, with a New Introduction by Mark D. Warren. GGA Image ID # 1e8d17b354
In a format similar to the first book, Volume 2 has 314 pages featuring 53 famous ships of the period. Unquestionably the finest books ever produced on ocean liners, you will be enthralled as you are taken back in time for a journey you will never forget.
Read how the liners were constructed and launched, and see the advertisements from the RMS Olympic's and RMS Titanic's fittings makers. 314 pages. Three hundred thirteen photos, 70 additional illustrations, 29 diagrams, 64 plans, 11 cutaways, five pages of color plates, two tissue subscription forms, 116 outstanding advertisements, and 20 folding ship plans.
Back Cover, Distinguished Liners from The Shipbuilder - 1907-1914, Volume 2. GGA Image ID # 1e8d2b0139
Listing of Ships Included in this Volume
- Cap Polonio
- Cap Trafalgar
- City of Exeter
- City of Paris
- Empress Ekaterina II
- Kaiser Franz Josef I
- Martha Washington
- President Grant
- Principessa Jolanda
- William O'Swaldt
Lavishly illustrated, each volume carries many photographs, including ships, their interiors, machinery, fittings, construction and launching.
Volume 2 is 304 pages, followed by eight pages of advertisements and one fold-out advertisement.
The following ships are detailed in Volume 2 of the The Shipbuilder 1907 - 1914:
- Cunard Twin Screw Steamer "Franconia" (Sister ship of the SS Laconia) - Deck Plan plates
- Twin Screw Passenger Liners and Cargo Steamers "Gablonz" and "Marienbad" Plan of Engine Room; Section through Engine Room; Plan of after Boiler Room; Deck Plans; Section through forward Boiler Room.
- Allen Liner Alsatian - Elevation of Engine and boiler rooms; Deck Plan Plates; 3 additional Engine Room Cross Sections
- Cunard Liner Aquitania - Deck Plan Plates; Engine Room Plates & Elevations
- Imperator - Deck plan plates; Engine Room Elevations
- Cap Trafalgar - Engine Room Elevations; Deck Plan Plates
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- Author: Mark D. Warren, Ed.
- Main Title: Distinguished liners from The shipbuilder; compiled and edited with a new introduction by Mark D. Warren.
- Published/Created: New York : Blue Riband Publications, 1995-<1997 >
- Edition: Limited, deluxe, boxed edition.
- Description: v. <1-2 > : ill. (some col.); 25 cm.
- ISBN: 0964815303 (v. 1 : alk. paper), 0964815311 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
- LC classification (full): VM381 .D57 1995
- LC classification (partial): VM381
- Cover title: Shipbuilder
- Related titles: Shipbuilder (London, England)
- Related names: Warren, Mark D.
- Incomplete contents: v. 1. 1906-1914 -- v. 2. 1907-1914
- Subjects: Ocean liners--History--20th century.
- LCCN: 95036645
- Dewey class no.: 387.2/432/0904
- Type of material: Book