The Cunard Line: A Pictorial History 1840-1990
Front Cover, The Cunard Line: A Pictorial History 1840-1990 by Peter W. Woolley and Terry Moore, © 1990. GGA Image ID # 19ea5663b9
Synopsis: An Illustrated History of the Cunard Line and the celebrated liners which have served the Fleet, from its Inception in 1840 to the demise of the great transatlantic liners and finally the entry into service of the RMS Queen Elizabeth 2, Britain's last great luxury liner.
The book includes details of the race for the Blue Riband and war service. It illustrates the luxury travel associated with one of the world's most famous shipping companies.
Back Cover, The Cunard Line: A Pictorial History 1840-1990 by Peter W. Woolley and Terry Moore, © 1990. GGA Image ID # 19ea665e1e
- Foreword by Capt. R. A. Woodall, R. D., R.N.R.
- A Short History of the Cunard Line
- Samuel Cunard
- Liverpool from the Air
- Riverside Station
- Royal George
- Southampton Docks
- Cunard Countess
- Cunard Princess
- The Authors
- Authors: Peter W. Woolley and Terry Moore
- Title: The Cunard Line: A Pictorial History 1840 - 1990
- Edition: Second Impression 1993
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 112
- ISBN: 0951603809 | 9780951603802
- DCN: 387.506541
- Publisher: Ship Pictorial Publications
- Location: United Kingdom
- Pub. Date: 1990
- Language: English UK
- Subjects: Ships & Shipbuilding / General. Cunard Steamship Company, Ltd. History. Pictorial Works.
- Description: xvi, 112 pages : chiefly illustrations (some color), maps, portraits, facsimiles ; 15 x 21 cm
- Size: 8 1/8" x 6"
- Dust Jacket: No