RMS Armadale Castle Archival Collection
Armadale Castle (1903) Union-Castle Line
Built by Fairfield Shipbuilding Co., Glasgow, Scotland. Tonnage: 12,973. Dimensions: 570' x 64' (590' o.l.). Twin- screw, 17 knots. Quadruple expansion engines. Two masts and two funnels. Service: England-South Africa. Passengers: 260 first and 300 second. Fate: Scrapped in 1936. Sister ship: Kenilworth Castle. Note: The first liners ordered after the merger in February 1900 of the Union Steam Ship Co. with the Castle Mail Packets Co.
- Steamship Line: Union-Castle Line
- Class of Passengers: First and Second Class
- Date of Departure: 12 November 1920
- Route: Southampton to Natal via Madeira, Cape Town, Algoa Bay and East London
- Commander: Captain J. W. Hague, R.N.R.