Ship Passenger Lists - 1955
Passenger lists for 1955 represent the souvenir list provided to the passengers of each cabin class (and other classes). Many of these souvenir passenger lists have disappeared over the years. Our collection primarily covers North American and European ports and ports in Australia and South Africa.
Our collection contains samples of passenger lists produced and printed by the steamship lines. They are often used to illustrate family history books for immigrants from this period in time.
Coveted by collectors and genealogists, souvenir passenger lists often offered beautiful graphical covers and information not found in official manifests because they focused on the journey rather than the destination.
1955-06-17 RMS Edinburgh Castle Passenger List
- Steamship Line: Union-Castle Line
- Class of Passengers: First and Cabin Class
- Date of Departure: 17 June 1955
- Route: Cape Town to London via Madeira
- Commander: Captain H. A. Deller
Other 1955 Passenger Lists Available at the GG Archives
- United States Lines SS United States, Cabin, 1955-06-24, New York to Southampton via Le Havre, Captain John W. Anderson, Capt., U.S.N.R.
- United States Lines SS United States, Cabin, 1955-09-22, Southampton to New York via Le Havre, Captain Frederick Fender, Capt., U.S.N.R.