Order of Battle, Volume 3-3: Zone of the Interior: Directory of Troops
Front Cover, Order of Battle Volume 3 Part 3, Order of Battle of the United States Land Forces in the World War, Volume 3, Part 3, Zone of the Interior: Directory of Troops, 1937. GGA Image ID # 181f660d8e
U.S. Government Printing Office, Order of Battle of the United States Land Forces in the World War, Volume 3, Part 3, Zone of the Interior: Directory of Troops © 1937/1988, Center of Military History, United States Army, U.S. Government Printing Office, Hardcover, 547 Pages. 940.4'12'73. cover of book is dark blue with insignia of the United States but no lettering. Title on Binding.
Subject: United States, Army -- History -- World War, 1914 - 1918.
Zone of the Interior: Directory of Troops Showing Mobilization, Changes in Status, Movements, Demobilization, and Other Disposition, of Units in the Zone of the Interior.
The Directory has been prepared with the object of accounting for all troops forming part of the Army in 1917, 1918, and 1919. Included therein are the troop units stationed in the Zone of the Interior, i.e., within the continental limits of the United States and its possessions; and those serving in the American Expeditionary Forces abroad.
Chapter V, Directory of Troops, contains an introduction and unit index, followed by a succinct account of practically every Army unit that was at any time stationed in the Zone of the Interior in 1917, 1918, and 1919.
Chapter V. DIRECTORY OF TROOPS
- Introduction Unit Index
- Army Service Corps
- Chemical Warfare Service
- Depot Brigades
- Machine Gun Units
- Medical Department
- Motor Transport Corps
- Ordnance Department
- Quartermaster Corps
- Signal Corps
- Tank Corps
- Transportation Corps United States Guards
- Veterinary Corps
LIST OF SOURCE MATERIAL
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 87600306
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Main Title: Order of battle of the United States land forces in the World War.
- Published/Created: Washington, D.C. : Center of Military History, United States Army, 1988.
- Related Names: Center of Military History.
- Description: 3 v. in 5 : ill., col. maps; 24 cm.
- Contents: v. 3. Zone of the interior. pt. 3. Directory of troops (3 v.).
- Notes: Reprint. Originally published: Washington : U.S. G.P.O., 1931-1949. Includes indexes.
- Subjects: United States. Army --History --World War, 1914-1918.
- LC Classification: D570 .O73 1988
- Dewey Class No.: 940.4/12/73 19
- Government Document No.: D114.2:B32
- Geographic Area Code: n-us---