RMS Pavonia Archival Collection
Pavonia (1882) Cunard Line
Built by J. & G. Thomson, Ltd., Glasgow, Scotland. Tonnage: 5,588. Dimensions: 430' x 46'. Single-screw, 14 knots. Compound engines. Three masts and one funnel. Iron hull. Passengers: 200 cabin, 1,500 third. Maiden voyage: Liverpool-New York, September 13,1882. Service: Placed in the Liverpool-Boston service. Fate: In February 1899 was damaged in heavy weather and had to be towed to England for repairs. Sold for scrap in 1900. Broken up in 1901. Running mates: Cephalonia (identical) and Catalonia.
- Steamship Line: Cunard Line
- Class of Passengers: Saloon
- Date of Departure: 23 August 1887
- Route: Liverpool to Boston
- Commander: Captain A. McKay