The Fall of Berlin - Translated from the Russian by Ruth Kisch
Front Cover, The Fall of Berlin By Marshal Vasily I. Chuikov, Translated from the Russian by Ruth Kisch, 1969. GGA Image ID # 17eec53cf3
1969 The Fall of Berlin With the Russian Army in Berlin and the Last Battle of the Third Reich By Marshal Vasily I. Chuikov, Former Supreme Commander Soviet Land Forces. Translated from the Russian by Ruth Kisch 1967/1969. LOC 68-10059 Paperback
From the Back Cover
The Fall of Berlin: the last battle of Hitler's Germany is recreated here in all its power and intensity by the Russian commander who led his victorious army from Stalingrad to Berlin to storm the battered capital of the German Third Reich and bring to a close in Europe the titanic struggle of World War II.
About the Author
Marshal Chuikov successfully defended Stalingrad in the autumn of 1942. Several years later, he led his 62nd army in offensives in the Donets Basin and the Crimea. He commanded the 8th guards' army (the renamed 62nd army) during the Battle of Berlin and received Gen. Hans Krebs' surrender on May 1, 1945.
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 68010059
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Chuĭkov, V. I. (Vasily Ivanovich), 1900-
- Uniform Title: Konets Tretʹego Reikha. English
- Main Title: The fall of Berlin, by Vasili I. Chuikov. Foreword by Alistair Horne. Translated from the Russian by Ruth Kisch.
- Edition Information: [1st ed.]
- Published/Created: New York, Holt, Rinehart and Winston [1968, c1967]
- Description: 261 p. maps, plans. 22 cm.
- Notes: "First published in October magazine, Moscow, 1965, in Russian; published in Great Britain under the title: The end of the Third Reich."
- Subjects: World War, 1939-1945 --Campaigns --Eastern Front.
- LC Classification: D764 .C483713 1968
- Dewey Class No.: 940.542/1
- Language Code: engrus