Navy: The Magazine of Sea Power - October 1962
Front Cover, Navy: Magazine of Sea Power, Vol. 5, No. 10, October 1962. GGA Image ID # 1cfcaccf89
The Civilian Voice of the Navy - Official Publication of the Navy League of the United States.
The October 1962 issue features articles on The Navy and Oceanography, The Managerial Aspects of Oceanography, Soviet Oceanography, Oceanography — A Traditional Function of the U. S. Coast Guard, and more.
Table of Contents
- The Navy and Oceanography
By DR. JAMES H. WAKELIN
- The Managerial Aspects of Oceanography
By RADM EDWARD C. STEPHAN, USN
- Soviet Oceanography
By WILLIAM 0. Foss
- Forty-Five Square Miles of Freedom
- The Wondrous Oceans—Some Facts and Background
- Special Instrument Requirements of the Future
By GILBERT JAFFE
- Oceanography—A Traditional Function of the U. S. Coast Guard
By VADM DONALD McG. MORRISON, USCG
- Below the Bottom of the Sea
By DAVID JACOBSON
- Soviet Naval Matters
- Navy Leaguer Sails Around Nova Scotia
- Regional Meeting—Atlantic City
- President's Message
- Portrait—RADM Edward C. Stephan, USN
- With the Marines
- Council of the Month
- News of Councils
- Aerojet-General Corp.
- American Export Lines
- Chrysler Corp.
- Copley Press
- The G. C. Dewey Corp.
- Douglas Aircraft Co., Inc.
- General Steel Industries
- Grumman Aircraft Engineering Corp.
- Ling-Temco-Vought, Inc. Aeronautics and Missiles
- Lockheed Aircraft Corp.
- McDonnell Aircraft
- Rand McNally & Co.
- El San Juan Hotel
- Sperry Gyroscope Co.—Div. of Sperry Rand Corp.
- Stratoflex Corp.
- Vitro Corp. of America
- Westinghouse Electric Corp.—Defense Products Group