RMS Duchess of Richmond Archival Collection
Duchess of Richmond (1928) Canadian Pacific Line
Built by John Brown & Co., Clydebank, Glasgow, Scotland. Tonnage: 20,022. Dimensions: 581' x 75' (601' o.I.). Twin- screw, 18 knots. Steam turbines. Two masts and two funnels. Maiden voyage: Liverpool-St. John, N. B., March 15,1929. Renamed: Empress of Canada (1947). Fate: Destroyed by fire at dock in Liverpool, January 25, 1953. Refloated in March 1954. Broken up for scrap in Italy, afterwards. Sister ships: Duchess of Atholl, Duchess of Bedford and Duchess of York.
- Steamship Line: Canadian Pacific (CPOS)
- Class of Passengers: Cabin and Tourist Class
- Date of Departure: 17 August 1937
- Route: Southampton to Quebec and Montreal via Cherbourg
- Commander: Captain H. A. Moore