SS Demosthenes Collection
Ephemera for the SS Demosthenes are available at the GG Archives, including Passenger Lists, Menus, Brochures, Event Programs, and more.
1926-01-16 TSS Demosthenes Passenger List
- Steamship Line: Aberdeen Line
- Class of Passengers: Saloon
- Date of Departure: 16 January 1926
- Route: Australia to the United Kingdom via South Africa and Spain
- Port of Calls: Melbourne » Fremantle » Durban » Capetown » Tenerife » Southampton
- Commander: Captain F. A. Orriss
1927-02-13 SS Demosthenes Dinner Menu Card
Vintage Dinner Bill of Fare Card from 13 February 1927 on board the SS Demosthenes of the Aberdeen Line featured Fried Sole, Tomato Sauce, Roast Sirloin of Beef & Horseradish, and Plum Tart & Cream for dessert. The reverse side contained a daily progress report of distance traveled and weather conditions.