SS Ryndam Archival Collection
TSS Ryndam (1951) of the Holland-America Line. GGA Image ID # 1fc3dc7670
Ryndam (1951) Holland-America Line
Built by N. V. Wilton Fijenoord Seredam, Netherlands. Tonnage: 15,015. Dimensions. 481' x 69' (503' o.l.). Propulsion: Single-screw, 16 1/2 knots. Two steam turbines on single screw shaft. Masts and Funnels: Two masts and one funnel. Laid down on 17 December 1949. Decks: Four. Launched, December 19, 1950. Originally was intended to be a freighter, but this plan was soon changed. Maiden voyage: Rotterdam-Le Havre-Southampton-New York 16 July 1951. Passengers: 39 first, 836 tourist. Officers and Crew: 297. Sister Ship: Maasdam. The Ryndam inaugurated regular passenger service to Quebec and Montreal in 1960.
Looking for the 1901 Ryndam Materials? They are now located under the TSS Rijndam (1901) Archival Collection.
SS Ryndam (1951) at Sea. 15,015 Gross Registered Tons. A New Concept in Tourist Travel. Holland-America Line. GGA Image ID # 1fc3f3068a
Vintage Dinner Menu from Wednesday, 7 April 1954 on board the SS Ryndam of the Holland-America Line featured Roast Chicken Marengo, Mixed Salad,and Vanilla Ice Cream for Dessert.
1954 Ryndam Collection to be Process. GGA Ryndam Archival Collection 1923-11.
Ephemera from a trip taken in 1954 on S.S. Ryndam from New York to London. Included in this collection is:
- List of passengers
- Dinner Menu: December 5th, 1954
- Farewell Dinner Menu: December 8th, 1954
- Holland-America Line document envelope stating vessel and dates of embarkation
- Two unused Tourist Class luggage tags
- Brochure: "Ship to Shore" motor coach connection to and from midtown New York and Holland-America Line Piers
- Letterhead from Holland-America Line: Embarkation letter dated November 26th, 1954
- Brochure: "General Information for Transatlantic Passengers"
- Baggage Claim information: unused
- Letterhead from Cadogan Hotel in London confirming accommodation reservation from the manager (No Digitization)
- Receipt from Cadogan Hotel for completion of stay (No Digitization)
- Letter: acknowledging receipt of notice of change in sailing of S.S. Ryndam