SS Rhynland Archival Collection
Rhynland (1879) Red Star Line (Belgian)
Built by Vickers, Sons & Maxim, Ltd., Barrow-in-Furness, England. Tonnage: 3,689. Dimensions: 402'x 40'. Single screw, 12 1/2 knots. Compound engines. 1,600 I.H.P. Four masts and one funnel. Iron hull. Service: Employed mainly in the Antwerp-New York service. Transfer of Ownership: Transferred to Liverpool-Philadelphia service of American Line in 1895. Renamed: Rhyna (1906). Italian owners. Fate: Scrapped in 1906. Sister ship: Belgenland.
- Steamship Line: American Line
- Class of Passengers: Cabin
- Date of Departure: 11 September 1895
- Route: Liverpool to Philadelphia
- Commander: Captain F. Loesewitz