The Norwegian Kitchen
Front Cover, The Norwegian Kitchen, 1993. GGA Image ID # 1d8bd1a7d2
Kjell E. Innli, Ed., The Norwegian Kitchen, Photographs by Per Eide and Bengt Wilson, Translation of "Vårt Norske Kjøkken" by Melody Favish © 1993, KOM Forlag A/S, Kristiansund, Norge, Hardcover, 224 Pages, 8290-823-231.
Lavishly illustrated cookbook with recipes from the Association of Norwegian Chefs. The book intermingles social and travel commentary with the recopies to provide additional context.
Back Cover, The Norwegian Kitchen, 1993. GGA Image ID # 1d8be1f82f
From the Back Cover
"THE NORWEGIAN KITCHEN"
explores Norway's culinary heritage in detail. Traditions and good basic ingredients are sources of inspiration for today's Norwegian chefs, and they serve as the departure point for the recipes in this book. Special attention is devoted to the cultural aspect of eating in Norway, giving a new dimension to the dishes presented. The recipes have been adapted for today's kitchen and for an English-speaking audience. Anyone who appreciates tradition and good food will find a treasure of both reading and dining in this book.
The Association of Norwegian Chefs has collected recipes from around the country under the direction of the Chefs' Guild in each county. Their goal has been to highlight the best dishes from every district.
350 recipes have been selected from the collected material, both local specialties and national favorites, some with long traditions, others newly created - the best the Norwegian kitchen can offer.
- Nature's Own Flavours
- The Sea as a Food Source
- Fruits of the Earth
- Forests, Mountains and Plateaus
- The Historic Menu
- The Norwegian Table
- To Drink with Food
- Fish and Shellfish
- Meat and Game
- Vegetable and Grain Dishes
- Baked Goods
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 96159883
- LCCN Permalink: http://lccn.loc.gov/96159883
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Uniform Title: Vårt norske kjøkken
- Main Title: The Norwegian kitchen / editor, Kjell E. Innli; photographers, Per Eide and Bengt Wilson; recipes, the Association of Norwegian Chefs.
- Published/Created: Kristiansund, Norway : KOM forlag; Minneapolis, MN : Distributed in the U.S. by Skandisk, 1995.
- Related Names: Innli, Kjell E. Kokkenes mesterlaug.
- Description: 224 p. : col. ill.; 33 cm.
- ISBN: 8290823231 (English ed.)
- Notes: Includes bibliographical references (p. 224) and index.
- Subjects: Cookery, Norwegian. Norway --Social life and customs.
- LC Classification: TX722.N6 V37 1995
- Dewey Class No.: 641.59481 20
- Language Code: eng nor
- Geographic Area Code: e-no---
- CALL NUMBER: TX722.N6 V37 1995 Norway