The Last Word On Lefse
Heartwarming Stories - and Recipes Too!
Front Cover, The Last Word On Lefse: Heartwarming Stories - and Recipes Too!, 1992. GGA Image ID # 1d8aef96e5
Gary Legwold, The Last Word On Lefse: Heartwarming Stories - and Recipes Too!, © 1992, Adventure Publications, Inc., Cambridge, Minnesota, Soft Cover, 168 Pages, 0-934860-78-5.
The Last Word on Lefse is a joyous book dedicated to preserving the traditions of this Scandinavian festive food. Gary Legwold's first book includes:
Profiles of scores of the Midwest's best lefse makers, who share their recipes, yarns, and lefse-making tips. Tales of Merlin Hoiness, a lefse bootlegger, and Anna Alden, who made lefse on roller skates.
Read about Bitten Norvoll, who tells how lefse helped feed people in occupied Norway during the War. And meet The Boys of Starbuck, who made the World's Largest Lefse. Lefse songs, poems, and jokes. Did you know that lefse is an antidote to lutefisk?
Back Cover, The Last Word On Lefse: Heartwarming Stories - and Recipes Too!, 1992. GGA Image ID # 1d8fb739ad
From the Back Cover
THE LAST WORD on LEESE is a joyous book dedicated to preserving the traditions of this Scandinavian food. It includes:
- Recipes covering everything from potato lefse to hard lefse you (gasp!) dip in water before serving
- A "How to Make Lefse" chapter with photographs and tips from the experts V Corny songs, poems and jokes. Did you know lefse is an antidote to lutefisk?
- Classic photos of lefse-making tools from museums
- An original lefse skit for you and your family
Delight in meeting fascinating characters:
- The Boys of Starbuck, who made the World's Largest Lefse on the shores of Lake Minnewaska
- Carl Knutson, who wrote lefse songs while selling lefse out of the back of his '47 Chevy
- Bitten and Torbjorn Norvoll, who related stories of how lefse helped feed people in occupied Norway during the War
- Anna Alden, who made lefse on roller skates V Grocer Merlin Hoiness, lefse bootlegger
- For the Love of Lefse
- Elusive Lefse
- Carl Knutson: Did the Lefse Make Him a Little Loony?
- Lazarus Lefse
- The Boys of Starbuck and The World's Largest Lefse
- Lefse, a Pabst, and a Chip Shot
- Lefse, Potatoes, and Occupied Norway
- Excuse Me, But Lefse Is Not a Napkin
- Bashed at The Bake Shoppe by The Ladies of Lefse
- The "Perfect" Lefse
- Herb and Anna After the Stroke
- The Grand Ol' Lady of Lefse
- A Lefse in Every Lean-to
- Lefse Warms You Twice
- The Christmas Potatoes: A Holiday Skit
- How to Make Lefse