The Lost Norwegian: Recipes from Scandinavia and Beyond
Front Cover, The Lost Norwegian: Recipes from Scandinavia and Beyond, 1991. GGA Image ID # 1d8aef96e5
Christin Drake, The Lost Norwegian: Recipes from Scandinavia and Beyond, Photos by Kirsten Kyhl, Translated by David Hohnen © 1991, Northland Publishing, Flagstaff, Arizona, Hardbound, 202 Pages, 0-87358-526-7, 641.5948-dc20.
Contains Menus and Recipes for every month of the year. Prepare sumptuous desserts like Marzipan Cake, Raspberry Bread Pudding with Meringue, and Danish Pastries. 129 Recipes.
Back Cover, The Lost Norwegian: Recipes from Scandinavia and Beyond, 1991. GGA Image ID # 1d9016c463
From the Inside Flaps
The Lost Norwegian Restaurant; Arizona; served the best Scandinavian recipes—some traditional others more experimental—in the state. When Ms. Drake; a native of Oslo; Norway; sold her restaurant, it was a sad day indeed for her devoted clientele. Now; you can prepare the best of the restaurants entrees in your own home; as Ms. Drake shares her recipes with you in this volume.
Dazzle your friends and family with entrees like Danish Roast Chicken, Fried Camembert, Ømulfs Salmon Mousse; and Lamb Stew with Rice. Prepare sumptuous desserts like Marzipan Cake, Raspberry Bread Pudding with Meringue; and Danish Pastries. Breakfast becomes a special meal when you easily prepare Potato Pancakes or Cheese Blintzes with Cherry Sauce. There are also lots of breads., cookies; pastries; and vegetable dishes; all sporting a touch of Norway or Western Europe.
The book is organized in twelve sections; one for every month of the year; each with a sample menu; and contains 129 recipes. The monthly menus once a dining tradition in Flagstaff, foods available only during certain seasons of the year—fresh fruits, for example. You can, of course, mix and match the recipes to suit your personal tastes. One thing is certain: you won't be able to make up your mind easily once you see the mouth-watering possibilities.
Cover Design by Larry Lindahl. Copyright © 1991 Northland Publishing. Manufactured in Hong Kong by Dai Nippon.
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 91052601
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Drake, Christin.
- Main Title: The Lost Norwegian : recipes from Scandinavia and beyond / by Christin Drake; photographs by Paula Jansen.
- Edition Information: [1st ed.].
- Published/Created: [Flagstaff, Ariz.] : Northland Pub., [c1991]
- Description: 202 p. : ill. (some col.); 24 cm.
- ISBN: 0873585267 (hardcover) : $27.50
- Notes: Includes index.
- Subjects: Lost Norwegian (Restaurant) Cookery, Scandinavian.
- LC Classification: TX722.A1 D73 1991
- Dewey Class No.: 641.5948 20
- Geographic Area Code: ev-----