Scandinavia Ceramics & Glass In The Twentieth Century
Jennifer Hawkins Ople, Scandinavia Ceramics & Glass In The Twentieth Century, The Collections of the Victoria & Albert Museum, © 1989 Victoria & Albert Museum, Soft cover, 183 Pages, 1-85177-071-2. Dimensions (in inches): 0.63 x 10.92 x 8.96.
Catalog of Twentieth Century Scandinavian Ceramics, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden.
From the Publisher
Starting with the beginnings of Scandinavian national awareness in the 1800s, essays show how these crafts developed differently in each of the four Scandinavian countries. They outline the history of the ceramics and glass factories, their artists and designers against each country's changing social and political background.
The many studio movements are chronicled and the book comes right up to the present with summaries of the current situation in each country. The illustrations show pieces by all the well known and most lesser known designers and there are biographies as well as lists of signatures and marks.
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- BOOK: Scandinavia ceramics & glass in the twentieth century
- Personal name: Opie, Jennifer Hawkins.
- Main title: Scandinavia ceramics & glass in the twentieth century : the collections of the Victoria & Albert Museum / Jennifer Hawkins Opie.
- Published/Created: New York, NY : Rizzoli, 1990.
- Description: 183 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- LC classification: NK4113 .O65 1990
- Related titles: Scandinavia--ceramics and glass in the twentieth century. Ceramics & glass in the twentieth century.
- Related names: Victoria and Albert Museum.
- LC Subjects: Victoria and Albert Museum--Exhibitions. Pottery, Scandinavian--20th century--Exhibitions. Porcelain, Scandinavian--20th century--Exhibitions. Glassware--Scandinavia--History--20th century--Exhibitions.
- Notes: "Published to coincide with an exhibition held in the 20th Century Gallery, Victoria and Albert Museum, 20 September 1989-7 January 1990"--T.p. verso. Includes index.
- LCCN: 89061888
- Geographic area code: ev----- e-uk-en
- Invalid ISBN: 0847811578
- Type of material: Book