1982 Tomahawk II Operating Economics Guide - Piper Aircraft Corporation
1982 PIPER TOMAHAWK II (PA 38)
Estimated Aircraft Ownership and Operating Expense
TOTAL OPERATING EXPENSE (SCHEDULE I)
Type Aircraft: 1982 PIPER TOMAHAWK II (PA 38)
Business Usage: 100%
Assumed Hours Per Year: 800
Assumed Years of Ownership: 7
|Estimated Expense (A)||Estimated Expense
Net of Tax Savings (B)
|Assumed Purchase Price||$ 34,305|
|Estimated Resale Value||$ 20,583|
|Expense of Asset||$ 13,722||$ 13,722|
|Less 46°/0 Tax Bracket (C)||($ 6,312 )|
|Less 10% Investment Tax Credit (D)||($ 3,431 )|
|Net Investment Expense||$ 13,722||$ 3,979|
|Net Investment Expense Per Year||$ 1,960||$ 568|
|Net Investment Expense Per Hour||$ 2.45||$ .71|
|Operating Expense/Hour - Schedule II||$ 22.11||$ 11.94|
|Travel Expense Per Hour||$ 24.56||$ 12.65|
|Travel Expense Per Nautical Mile
95 Knots Block Speed
|$ .259||$ .133|
|Travel Expense Per Seat Nautical Mile|
|2 Seats||$ .129||$ .067|
Fuel Consumption - Nautical Miles Per Gallon 19.4 (Statute miles per gallon 22.3) @ 65% Cruise Power & 10,000 Feet P.A.
(A) Before Tax Savings.
(B) This column is presented for example purposes only and it should be understood that all tax situations can vary significantly and your tax advisors should be consulted.
(C) Reflects Federal Tax savings only.
(D) Providing maximum tax limitation has not been exceeded.
Variable and Fixed Expenses (Schedule II)
|Annual Fixed Expense|
|Hangar Rental — $ 95 Per Month||$ 1,140|
|Hull — $ 250 Deductible||$ 789|
|Liability - Single Limit — .5 Million||$ 214|
|Total Annual Fixed Expense||$ 2,143|
|Operating Expense Per Hour||Fixed
|Fixed Expense Per Hour — 800 Hours||$ 2.68|
|Fuel — 4.9 GPH at $1.95 Per Gal.||$ 9.56|
|(3) Oil||$ .43|
|(4) Inspection and Maintenance||$ 5.54|
|(5) Engine (Exchange)||$ 3.76|
|(6) Prop Overhaul||$ .14|
|Total Operating Expense Per Hour||$ 22.11||$ 19.43|
- Hull insurance computed at current average rates for an average equipped aircraft.*
- Fuel expenses are computed at a consumption rate for 65% power with allowance for start, taxi, take-off, climb, cruise, and descent.
- Oil expenses are based on a normal consumption rate of 0.05 quart per hour, oil change every 100 hours, oil filter expenses and oil expense of $7.00 per gallon included.
- Inspection and maintenance expenses are based on a programmed inspection schedule, include miscellaneous repairs, and parts.
- Engine exchange allowance is computed for manufacturer's recommended engine life of 2000 hours at remanufactured engine exchange expenses and includes labor and accessories.
- Expense computed at 1000 hours propeller overhaul — includes removal and installation expenses.
*Rates are for Commercial operations. Rates may vary depending upon pilot qualifications, experience and other related factors.
Piper Aircraft Corporation reserves the right to make changes in specifications, materials, equipment or prices at any time without prior notice or to discontinue models as required.
Published: 8-1-81 Printed in USA
More airplane for the dollar.
Piper Aircraft Corporation, Lock Haven, PA 17745
Member of GAMA
A Bangor Punta Company
GG Archives REF: BPPAC-014-1981-BW-BRO